Sunday, April 12, 2009

Minor League Draft Rd. 6

As I stated before I got a little CF crazy and I did it again with Austin Jackson from the Yankees. I like him but with my depth in CF I am going to look to trade him. One thing you have to watch out for is the "NY Hype" (i.e. Fernado Martinez) and I think Jackson gets a boost due to playing for NY. The exact opposite is Jordan Zimmerman from the Nationals who would be more known except he plays for a team that has roughly 37 fans. Zimmerman is my favorite pick of this round and he has made the roation as the 5th starter for the Nationals. Zimmerman had a amazing Spring and has the luxury of playing in a pitchers park in Washington. Going into this round I wanted to get Darvish knowing that he is going to come over sooner or later. I think this kid is going to be lights out for the Yanks or Red Sox when he comes over (they are the only teams that will be able to afford the posting fee). Darvish has stated that he wanted to become the greatest pitcher in Japan's history before coming to the Majors but with the recession, I could see his team selling his ass to the highest bidder real soon.

Round 6
71. Yu Darvish, Japan
72. Alex White, UNC
73. Jeremy Jeffress, Milwaukee Brewers
74. Jose Ceda, Florida Marlins
75. Tyler Flowers, Chicago White Sox
76. Brett Cecil, Toronto Blue Jays
77. Jordan Walden, Los Angeles Angels
78. Jeff Samardzija, Chicago Cubs
79. Aaron Crow, Fort Worth Cats
80. Jordan Zimmerman, Washington Nationals
81. Gio Gonzalez, Oakland Athletics
82. Austin Jackson, NY Yankees
83. Chris Carter, Oakland Athletics
84. Martin Perez, Texas Rangers

No comments: