Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Minor League Draft Rd. 8

This round really turned out to be a pretty good late round. I love Kyle Gibson from Missouri at pick #104. I was targeting power hitting catcher J.P. Arencibia, who ended up going #100, but I went with Poreda, who is a tall lefty for the White Sox, and to be honest I am not really crazy about this pick but he had the highest ceiling for pitchers on my board at the time. Hind sight I would have loved to get RHP Aumont, I didn't have the luxury to see him pitch in the WBC. The reason why I think Brignac fell this far is the arrival of Tim Beckham who was the 1st pick in the 2008 draft. Once Beckham is ready, I assume Brignac will be dealt.


Round 8
99. Scott Elbert, Los Angeles Dodgers
100. J.P. Arencibia, Toronto Blue Jays
101. Adys Portillo, San Diego Padres
102. Reid Brignac, Tampa Bay Rays
103. Fautino De Los Santos, Oakland Athletics
104. Kyle Gibson, Missouri
105. Kentrail Davis, University of Tennessee
106. Kyle Skipworth, Florida Marlins
107. Adrian Cardenas, Oakland Athletics
108. Chris Coughlan, Florida Marlins
109. Jeff Niemann, Tampa Bay Rays
110. Aaron Poreda, Chicago White Sox
111. Todd Frazier, Cincinnati Reds
112. Phillippe Aumont, Seattle Mariners

No comments: