Saturday, March 21, 2009

Minor League Draft Rd. 3

I had the 3rd pick in the 3rd round and I think is pick is going to haunt me as Perez has been shut down this spring. This draft was before spring training and every pundit had Perez getting the closer role for St. Louis but that job looks to going to Jason Motte (who I drafted later). Looking back I wish I picked up an elite talent at SS with either Escobar or Triunfel. It is pretty clear that my Perez pick was the worst of this round and my favorite picks of the round were Alonso from the Reds and Carlos Santana (C) from Cleveland. Hind sight is 20/20!

29. Yonder Alonso, Cincinnati Reds
30. Josh Vitters, Chicago Cubs
31. Chris Perez, St. Louis Cardinals
32. Carlos Carrasco, Philadelphia Phillies
33. Jarrod Parker, Arizona Diamondbacks
34. Chris Tillman, Baltimore Orioles
35. Carlos Santana, Cleveland Indians
36. Aaron Hicks, Minnesota Twins
37. Grant Green, USC
38. Elvis Andrus, Texas Rangers
39. Alcides Escobar, Milwaukee Brewers
40. Angel Villalona, San Francisco Giants
41. Mat Gamel, Milwaukee Brewers
42. Carlos Triunfel, Seattle Mariners

PROGRAMMING NOTE: * I am traveling on business to Austin, Texas and will return posting regularly on Friday.

No comments: